The Department is established under the Corporate Directorate and is staffed with planning officers.
The Department is responsible for undertaking the functions outlined below:
- Develops, implements and reviews corporate plans, strategies and programmes;
- Manages KCAA’s performance contracting process;
- Prioritises various business projects for implementation in line with the strategic plan and budgets;
- Undertakes projects proposals, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation;
- Coordinates the formulation and implementation of externally funded projects;
- Aligns corporate strategy with the sectoral and national goals;
- Carries out economic analysis and advice on the impact on aviation industry.
- Advises on the review of charges and fees
- Coordinates Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Presents aviation sector issues during the development of Government policy and plans
- Collects, analyses and shares aviation data to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Aviation Action Plan on environment and the project Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA).