The following are ratings that can be issued and endorsed on the main licenses:
- Aircraft Category ratings
- Aircraft Class Ratings
- Aircraft Type Ratings
- Flight Instructor Ratings
- Ground Instructor Ratings
- Instrument Ratings
- Night Ratings (for PPL holders only)
- Flight Engineer Ratings
- Air Traffic Controllers’ Ratings
Read more on these on our Advisory Circulars CAA-AC-PEL 003
Application Requirements for Endorsements;
- A duly filled and signed General application form (link)
- Pass the practical test for the type rating being endorsed.
- Pass the knowledge test specific to the aircraft type.
- Copies of the logbook relevant to the training required for the rating being sought.
- Copies of the simulator training documents for the aircraft above 5700kgs.
- The license which is to be endorsed.
- Payment of the fees; which depend on the weight of the aircraft type to be endorsed on the license. i. e.
- For those aircraft whose weight is below 5700kgs – Kshs. 2,000
- For aircraft above 5700kgs in weight – Kshs. 4,000