Foreign Licenses Validation and Conversion

Any pilot who wishes to fly on an aircraft registered in Kenya using their foreign license, needs to obtain an authorization from KCAA. This authorization is generally given by the KCAA’s PEL Office through a validation or a conversion of the foreign license. In general, the validation process is used for short-term authorization while the conversion process is used for longer-term authorization.